Sunday, August 24, 2008

week 6 semester 2

this whole week has be horrendous, after last week's accident i had to force myself to stay home for the entire week until thursday where the scars were actually healed abit. But with all the time i stood at home i managed to finish the work assigned to me by Clady. it was so boring staying home, there weren't much things to do, so i had to look for some uni work and other times i just sat in my chair watch the olympics, which kept my spirits high because china was winning gold in almost every event.
in the early days of the week i constantly checked myself in the mirror just couldn't believe the damages i did to myself and the situation i was stuck in, i wanted to goto uni to keep up with the work, as well as catching up with some friends, it was frustrating. the only communication tool i used was MSN which only gave me a limited access to seeing what my friends were doing, and chatting to the group members about the group work.
Through out this whole week i became olympic addict, i sat in front of the TV for majority of the day just to watch the olympics, my emotions were fluctuating, when China is doing well in some events makes me happy but others makes me want to turn off the TV. sometimes i even felt i should be in China at this historical moment, with so much fun activities and souviniers availiable, it is a once in a life time chance to attend such a big event in my own country, seeing the joy and cheers in the city, i really wanted to be part of, i wanted to celebrate along some of my friends and family in china, rather then here by myself, hopefully in my life time olympics would be held in my city Shanghai, i would definetly be there.
Yesterday was the last day of the olympics seeing the closing ceramony makes me really sad, over the past two weeks it has been memorable, i feel i'm very much used to watching the events, now i feel so empty don't really know how i'm going to survive without it.
anyway back to reality there are few weeks left in the semester, i got to catch up, the tests and assignments are nearing its due dates, i sounds scary, but this semester my elective subjects has been pretty straight forward, it is all in my original language, and is below the standard of mine. i feel confident, there are so much to look forward to at the end of the year.

No comments: